Chicken farming is mainly divided into three breeding directions: broiler chickens, laying hens, and breeder chickens. Among them, broiler chicken farming is mainly manifested in fast growth, short growth cycle, high feed conversion rate and mechanized feeding.
Prospects of Broiler Farming
With the development of the global economy and the acceleration of the integration process, the global chicken consumption will continue to grow in the future. And we can foresee that broiler products will become the largest meat consumption product in most countries in the near future. With the rapid development of my country's economy and the continuous improvement of people's living standards. The total demand for chicken meat in my country is also gradually increasing. At present, the per capita chicken consumption in the United States is 44.03kg. And the per capita consumption in the European Union is 19.40kg. These are far higher than the per capita consumption of 9.38kg in my country. My country's broiler chicken industry still has a lot of room for development.
From the perspective of the domestic situation, because broiler chickens have the characteristics of high feed remuneration, fast turnover, and high profits. And with the sustained and rapid growth of my country's economy, the consumption demand for chicken will continue to increase, and chicken is rich in nutrients and unique in flavor. Cheap and good quality, the consumption of chicken will continue to increase, and the prospect of the domestic broiler industry is relatively bright.
Advantages of Broiler Farming
1. The early growth speed of chickens is a "100-meter race", and the feeding and management techniques must be appropriate, otherwise it will be difficult to make up for it.
2. Short production cycle and fast turnover. Domestic broilers usually reach the market standard at the age of 8 weeks, with a weight of more than 1.5 kg. After each batch is sold, there should be 10-14 days for house cleaning, disinfection, and fumigation. It takes about 10 weeks to raise a batch, and if the chicks are supplied in time, 5 batches can be produced a year.
3. High feed utilization efficiency. The domestic level of feed conversion ratio of broiler chickens is 2.5-2.8:1, and many countries in the world are close to the level of 2:1. Broiler chickens shorten the development period by increasing the early growth rate, and the market at the age of 7 weeks can further improve the feed conversion rate.
4. The density is high, and the utilization rate of the chicken house is high. Compared with laying hens, broiler chickens are quiet and not active. Except for eating and drinking, they seldom peck and fight. Especially in the late stage of fattening, due to the rapid increase in weight, the activity is greatly reduced. Although the density increases with the growth of chickens, because the air in the house is less polluted, as long as there are suitable ventilation conditions, the stocking density can be increased. Generally, the stocking density of light chicken cages is 24-32/㎡, and that of medium-sized chickens is 20-24/㎡.
5. It is suitable for mechanical feeding and saves labor. Broiler chickens are raised in cages with high density. Chickens are in cages, so it is convenient to feed, pick eggs, clean manure, and prevent epidemics. The use of automated production lines can improve labor efficiency.
Cost of Broiler Farming
Chicken chick introduction cost. The annual average cost is about 3.5RMB per chick.
Feed cost. Calculated based on 42 days of feeding, each bird needs about 5 kg of feed. The use of mechanized breeding and automatic feeding system can greatly reduce feed loss. The feed-to-weight ratio is 1.85:1, and the total feed cost is about 11.4 yuan.
Other expenses. The cost of medication for each chicken is 0.7RMB, the cost of water and electricity is 0.3RMB. And the cost of labor is 0.4RMB, which is about 1.4RMB.
The total cost of all the above is about 16.3RMB each, and the cost of 10,000 broilers is 163,000RMB.
Profit of Broiler Farming
The broiler chicken grows to 42 days, the weight is 2.7 kg, the annual average per kilogram of chicken is 8.0 yuan。 he sales income is 21.6 yuan per chicken, and the sales income of 10,000 broiler chickens is 216,000 yuan.
The feeding cost of each broiler chicken is 16.3 yuan, the sales income is 21.6 yuan, the profit is 5.3 yuan, and the profit of 10,000 broilers is 53,000 yuan.
To recover the construction cost, 1.5 batches of broilers need to be raised. If 5 to 7 batches are raised each year, with an average of 6 batches, the construction investment can be recovered in that year, and there will be a profit of 238,000 yuan.
How to Reduce the Cost of Broiler Farming?
If broiler farming wants to reduce costs and obtain maximum economic benefits, it is necessary to start from all aspects, carry out scientific feeding management. Tnd consider various factors to adopt effective reduction methods.
1. Do a good job in the selection of chicks. Chicks should be purchased from regular manufacturers or hatcheries in epidemic-free areas. When purchasing chicks, healthy chicks should be selected, and sick, weak, disabled, and deformed chicks should be removed, leaving well-developed, uniform-sized, healthy, and smooth, feathered chicks. Lively and active chicks with big eyes, soft and elastic abdomen, and well-healed navel.
2. Reasonable feeding, saving feed. The cost of feed accounts for about 70% of the total cost. Feed selection and feeding are closely related to the economic benefits of broiler chicken breeding. Broiler chickens should be fed according to different growth and development stages of broilers and the needs of different species for nutrients. Provide feed scientifically and rationally. The feed provided requires full price and high quality to meet the nutritional needs of broiler growth and weight gain.
Pay attention to avoiding waste of feed when feeding feed, and ensure that there is no or little leftover feed every time you feed. Due to the short feeding cycle of broilers, full-price feed can be used throughout the whole process, but the feed utilization rate of broilers is limited. Therefore, in order to improve the feed utilization rate of broilers and reduce feed costs. And some feed additives can be added to the feed. The purpose is to improve Feed utilization rate, reduce feed cost. In the daily feed management process, the feed storage work should be done well to prevent the feed from going moldy or being damaged by pests and rats, resulting in losses.
3. Strengthen daily feeding and management. Good feed management can significantly improve the feed utilization efficiency of broilers and reduce the cost of breeding. First of all, it is necessary to provide a suitable breeding environment for broiler chickens, control the temperature, relative humidity, air quality, etc. of the chicken house, and pay special attention to controlling the temperature of the chicken house. Temperature has a greater impact on broiler chicken breeding. It will show a series of adverse reactions, affecting the growth and weight gain of broilers.
And the temperature in the house should be adjusted according to the state of the chickens in the house. Strengthen daily ventilation and keep the air in the house fresh. Pay attention to the cleanliness and sanitation of the breeding environment. Carry out reasonable light management, adjust the light time and light intensity. Control the stocking density of chicken flocks. If the density is too small, it will cause waste of space and equipment. If the density is too high, it will easily lead to the occurrence of broiler pecking habit and affect the production performance.
4. Do a good job in disease prevention. The chicken coop should be kept hygienic and the chicken coop should be disinfected regularly. Empty houses should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before feeding chickens, and chickens can be fed after 7 days to kill pathogenic microorganisms in the environment. In the daily management process, the chickens should be disinfected regularly. According to the immunization program, some drugs can be used appropriately for preventive administration to prevent the occurrence of diseases.
5. Rational use of drugs. Reasonable medication should be used when broiler chickens are sick. Be careful not to use a drug for a long time or in large doses, otherwise drug resistance will develop. And the immune system of broiler chickens will be damaged, and the resistance to certain diseases will be lost. When the broiler is sick, it is necessary to accurately diagnose, use the drug correctly. And the dosage and usage of the drug are accurate, so as to avoid the phenomenon of drug overdose.
6. Use automated chicken raising equipment to raise chickens. Automated farming has significant advantages in reducing labor intensity, increasing the number of breeding per unit area, reducing the incidence of diseases and insect pests, and feed utilization. The trend of intensive, planned and standardized development of the aquaculture industry is unstoppable.
Is it profitable to raise broilers? From the above analysis of the cost and profit of broiler farming, it can be seen that the profit of broiler farming is still very considerable. So it is still a very good project to choose broiler farming.